Windsor Heights location of Walnut Creek Church
We recognize that COVID-19 has affected each individual and family uniquely. As we gather, it is our hope and intention to do so in a way that communicates Christ’s love, care, and compassion for the entire church body. If you have any questions or concerns throughout this process, please reach out to Pastor Tim Greeno at email@example.com.
Conveniently located right off of I-235, Walnut Creek Windsor Heights is a thriving Christ-centered community with a place for you. Our mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ who love and worship God drives everything we do.
What will you do to encourage social distancing:?
- Services are shortened to reduce the amount of time spent together
- Services are limited to 50 percent capacity or less in terms of available seats in our main sanctuary.
- Seats are organized in clusters with social distancing in mind — several chairs and rows removed, with pods for families and households.
- We have specific entrances and exits marked to reduce the flow of people.
- We have additional safe and sanitary seating available throughout the building, with services being live-streamed to various rooms.
- In between services, our cleaning team will be sanitizing various areas throughout the building. Therefore, we would ask those attending the 9 a.m. service to not stay and mingle; those attending the 10:30 a.m. service should aim to arrive no earlier than 10:20 a.m.
What safety measures are being put in place?
Areas routinely sanitized:
- Door handles
- Light switches
- iPads/Check-in stations
Additional Safety Measures:
- We are encouraging all attendees to wear masks
- Offering — no baskets passed, single drop-off area instead
- Communion — sterilized, single-serve elements picked up on the way in to avoid gathering in one area
- Hand Sanitizer — use will be encouraged
- Greeters — will help us all practice social distancing from start to finish
- Refreshments — none initially
Will childcare or kids' classes be available?
- K-5th grade only (no preschool or nursery)
- Face masks encouraged
- Use large classrooms only (no rotations)
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing
For more information, please reach out to Pastor and Kids Coordinator, Cole Meyers, at Cole.Meyers@walnutcreekchurch.org.
Will there be an option to watch the service online?
Is there a protocol in place for if someone who attends the service tests positive for COVID-19?
Our Central Staff and Local Teams are working hard to make returning to church as safe as possible and to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spread. Part of this planning includes a protocol in the event that someone who has attended a weekend service later tests positive for COVID-19.
- If someone develops symptoms during a service, they will be directed to the Service Manager. The individual will be isolated, and safe transportation will be arranged to their home or a healthcare facility.
- Notification to congregants of potential exposure:
- Communication will be sent via church email and the website to inform church attendees that a potential exposure occurred on a particular date and service. The name of the individual will not be communicated by WCC. Contact tracing may occur through Iowa Department of Health or at the discretion of the individual.
- We would encourage anyone concerned about exposure to stay home (if possible), monitor for symptoms, check their temperature twice daily, and avoid contact with high risk individuals. Testing is available through your healthcare provider or by using the Test Iowa website.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of building:
- Church building will be closed off for 24 hours and then deep-cleaned and disinfected per CDC guidelines.
- Please follow CDC guidance for returning to in-person services:
- For those who have tested positive for COVID-19, they must be symptom and fever free for 72 hours and at least 10 days have passed since initial positive test.
- For those with close exposure to a person diagnosed with COVID-19, there must be at least 14 days since potential exposure.
Questions related to COVID-19 may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan your visit
Some info below may not be accurate. Check COVID-19 FAQs above for latest info.
What is it like to attend a church service?
What should I wear?
What type of music do you sing?
Where do I park?
We have three parking lots on the east and south sides of our building. If you are a new visitor, we have special parking spots reserved for you in our upper lot (east side)!
Street parking is also available along both 64th Street and 65th Street. The streets can get a little tight so make sure to be careful when leaving.
Is there anything for my kids?
How do I check-in my child for nursery or Kids' Class?
Is there childcare available for my baby?
Are there accommodations for nursing moms?
What is the health policy for nursery/kids' classes?
A few things to consider:
- Have they had a fever in the past 24 hours?
- Have they vomited or had diarrhea in the past 24 hours?
- Do they have a severe cold or cough?
- Do they have green or yellow mucus?
- Are there any unexplained rashes or inflammations of the skin?
- Is there any redness or discharge from the eyes?
From all our staff and volunteers at Walnut Creek Windsor Heights, we'd like to thank you for taking time to learn more about our community. We look forward to meeting you and serving Christ together!