Historic Altoona location of Walnut Creek
We recognize that COVID-19 has affected each individual and family uniquely. As we gather, it is our hope and intention to do so in a way that communicates Christ’s love, care, and compassion for the entire church body. If you have any questions or concerns throughout this process, please reach out to Pastor Darrin Miedema at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walnut Creek Altoona is a thriving Christ-centered community. We’re located in a beautiful and historic 150-year-old building near 1st Avenue in Altoona, Iowa. Our mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ who love and worship God drives everything we do.
How do you encourage social distancing?
- Services are shortened to reduce the amount of time spent together. Communion and meet-and-greet times are also modified for safety.
- Services are limited to 50 percent capacity or less in terms of available seats in our main sanctuary.
- Seats are organized in clusters with social distancing in mind — members of the same household are encouraged to sit together.
- In order to clean in-between services, we ask that visitors clear the building 10 minutes after the 9 a.m. service ends, and to not re-enter the building until 10 minutes before the 10:30 service.
What safety measures are being put in place?
Additional Safety Measures:
- Offering — no baskets passed, single drop-off area instead
- Communion — sterilized, single-serve elements picked up on the way in to avoid gathering in one area
- Hand Sanitizer — use will be encouraged
- Greeters — will help us all practice social distancing from start to finish
- Doors — front doors will be held open by greeters and sanctuary doors kept open with door stops to minimize contact
- Refreshments — none initially
Plan your visit
Some info below may not be accurate. Check COVID-19 FAQs above for latest info.
What is it like to attend a church service?
What should I wear?
What type of music do you sing?
Where do I park?
Is there anything for my kids?
How do I check-in my child for nursery or Kids' Class?
Is there childcare available for my baby?
Are there accommodations for nursing moms?
What is the health policy for nursery/kids' classes?
A few things to consider:
- Have they had a fever in the past 24 hours?
- Have they vomited or had diarrhea in the past 24 hours?
- Do they have a severe cold or cough?
- Do they have green or yellow mucus?
- Are there any unexplained rashes or inflammations of the skin?
- Is there any redness or discharge from the eyes?
From all our staff and volunteers at Walnut Creek Altoona, we'd like to thank you for taking time to learn more about our community. We look forward to meeting you and serving Christ together!