Beginning Sunday, November 22, pastors and local staff have decided it is best to cancel Kids’ Class at Walnut Creek Windsor Heights for the remainder of the year. In other words, we are moving back into Phase 1. There are several factors that have weighed into this decision:
- The health and safety of your child
- Unpredictable class size and volunteer availability, which limits our ability to guarantee adult to child ratios that fall in line with our general safety policies
- Desire to minimize risk of infection
Right now, we plan to be in Phase 1 through the end of December. The pastors and staff will continue to re-evaluate the possibility of returning to Phase 2 in January and will communicate our next steps at that time.
What does this mean for you?
- There will be more classroom space open if you would like to attend church while maintaining social distance. The services are live-streamed into the classroom. Elements for communion are available for you in the classrooms as well.
- Activity sheets, craft supplies, and instructions will be available in the classrooms upstairs, in the chapel, and near the entrance of the sanctuary. Feel free to allow your children to work on these during the service if you wish, or you may take them home! They will be connected to the kids class lesson of the week.
- Videos will be uploaded to the “Kids Class At Home” Google folder. If you would like access to this, please contact email@example.com
If you have any questions, concerns, ideas, feedback, etc., please reach out to Pastor Cole Meyers. If you would like more clarity on how or why we arrived at this decision, you can contact Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.