South Des Moines location of Walnut Creek
We recognize that COVID-19 has affected each individual and family uniquely. As we gather, it is our hope and intention to do so in a way that communicates Christ’s love, care, and compassion for the entire church body. If you have any questions or concerns throughout this process, please reach out to Pastor Jon Crane at email@example.com.
Located on Des Moines’ south side, Walnut Creek South is a thriving Christ-centered community with a place for you. Our mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ who love and worship God drives everything we do.
What is your COVID-19 policy?
Walnut Creek recommends that you quarantine at home for at least 10 days after the onset of symptoms. You may return to church gatherings: 1. 10 days after first having symptoms; 2. AND at least 24 hours after being fever-free without having to take fever-reducing medications; 3. AND your symptoms must be improving.
If you have no symptoms but have tested positive for COVID-19, you may return to church gatherings after 10 days from your positive test.
If you have been directly exposed to a person that has COVID-19:
Walnut Creek recommends that you self-quarantine for 14 days after exposure in compliance with CDC guidelines. A direct exposure is to have been within 6 feet of someone with COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes, had direct physical contact with an infected individual, shared eating or drinking utensils, or you came into contact with the droplets of an infected individual (you were sneezed or coughed on).
If there has been a major COVID-19 exposure at one of the Walnut Creek services:
Walnut Creek will notify the church members at the affected campus. The name of the individual will not be communicated by Walnut Creek, in order to protect privacy rights. Contact tracing may occur through the Iowa Department of Public Health or at the discretion of the individual.
How do you encourage social distancing?
- Services are shortened to reduce the amount of time spent together.
- Services are limited to 50 percent capacity or less in terms of available seats in our main sanctuary.
- Seats are organized in clusters with social distancing in mind — members of the same household are encouraged to sit together.
- We have specific entrances and exits marked to reduce the flow of people.
- We have additional safe and sanitary seating available throughout the building, with services being live-streamed to various rooms. We utilize kids’ rooms with clear capacity limits noted on the doors, as well as the downstairs fellowship area.
- In order to clean in-between services, we ask that visitors clear the building 10 minutes after their ends, and to not re-enter the building until 10 minutes before the next service.
What is your policy on masks?
All of our pastors, volunteers, and Local Team members will regularly be wearing masks.
What safety measures do you have?
Areas routinely sanitized:
- Door handles
- Light switches
- iPads/Check-in stations
Additional Safety Measures:
- Offering — no baskets passed; we will have a basket at the back of the sanctuary, in addition to virtual options for giving
- Communion — sterilized, single-serve elements picked up on the way in to avoid gathering in one area
- Hand Sanitizer — use is encouraged
- Greeters — help us all practice social distancing from start to finish
- Refreshments — none
Is childcare available?
- There will be one class offered during each service for kids Pre-K through 3rd grade.
- Classes will be limited in capacity.
- Kids will use hand sanitizer on their way in and out of class.
- No snacks provided or hands-on games played.
- We will do our best to keep kids reasonably distanced from one another.
Is there an option to watch the service online?
Plan your visit
Some info below may not be accurate. Check COVID-19 FAQs above for latest info.
What is it like to attend a church service?
What should I wear?
What type of music do you sing?
Where do I park?
Is there anything for my kids?
How do I check-in my child for nursery or Kids' Class?
Is there childcare available for my baby?
What is the health policy for nursery/kids' classes?
From the entire local staff at Walnut Creek Downtown, we'd like to thank you for taking time to learn more about our community. We look forward to meeting you and serving Christ together!