Social distancing and safety measures
Regathering at WCA
Walnut Creek Altoona family, we are so grateful for all of you and recognize that COVID-19 has affected each individual and family uniquely. As we regather in person, it is our hope and intention to do so in a way that communicates Christ’s love, care, and compassion for the entire church body. If you have any questions or concerns throughout this process, please reach out to Pastor Darrin Miedema at email@example.com.
What to expect
How will you encourage social distancing?
- Services will be shortened to reduce the amount of time spent together. For the first few weeks, there will be no communion or meet-and-greet.
- Services will be limited to 50 percent capacity or less in terms of available seats in our main sanctuary.
- Seats will be organized in clusters with social distancing in mind — members of the same household are encouraged to sit together.
- In order to clean in-between services, we ask that visitors clear the building 10 minutes after the 9 a.m. service ends, and to not re-enter the building until 10 minutes before the 10:30 service.
What safety measures are being put in place?
One of the most important parts of the regathering process is ensuring a safe and responsible environment for everyone who comes through our doors. With that in mind, we have increased the frequency and extent of cleaning procedures. Cleaning will take place prior to each weekend service and in between services.
Additional Safety Measures:
- Offering — no baskets passed, single drop-off area instead
- Communion — sterilized, single-serve elements picked up on the way in to avoid gathering in one area
- Hand Sanitizer — use will be encouraged
- Greeters — will help us all practice social distancing from start to finish
- Doors — front doors will be held open by greeters and sanctuary doors kept open with door stops to minimize contact
- Refreshments — none initially
Will childcare be available?
Upon first regathering, we will not offer Kids’ Classes or nursery care. In order to help support families with children who may find it difficult to sit through the service in the main sanctuary, we will have an area in the basement for families who need to step out momentarily to view a streamed version of the service. We will also livestream the services online for those that are unable to immediately regather in our physical locations.
When and how to reintroduce Kids’ Classes will be treated with a phased approach and evaluated by each location moving forward. The timing of this process depends greatly on many things we just don’t know at this point. However, Drew Feldman (WCA Kids Coordinator) will be in consistent communication to help parents know what to expect and how to prepare.
Will there be an option to watch the service online?
Starting June 7, we will livestream both services through our app and website for those who are not immediately able to rejoin us. We want those unable to physically gather with us to still feel part of the church service.
Opportunities to Serve
As we begin to regather in our services, we anticipate heightened needs in several areas. If you're interested in serving in these areas over the next several months (on a short-term basis), please reach out to the team leads listed below, or visit our teams link.
Production (A/V) Team
Coordinator: Stasos Clark