host your own VBS this summer!
Backyard Bible Club
Bring VBS to the kids in your community! Walnut Creek Kids is excited to equip you and your family with the resources you need to host an awesome VBS in your own backyard! You decide the time and place, gather the kids in your neighborhood, and watch how God uses this time to shine the light of the Gospel into their hearts. Complete with crafts, Bible study, music, games, and snacks, your Backyard Bible Club is sure to be a highlight of the summer for everyone.
Hosting a Backyard Bible Club not only provides a memorable experience for your kids and their friends, but also gives you an opportunity to reach your neighbors with the Gospel. We’re excited to partner with you!
You choose the time, date, and frequency of your meetings. Two hours every day for a week, once a week for two hours … whatever works best for you and your neighbors!
Backyard Bible Club FAQs
Why Backyard Bible Club instead of traditional VBS?
What resources will be provided?
Here’s What’s Included:
- Host Folder: Contains information about promotion, registration, safety and security, and snack ideas.
- Music Folder: Provides ideas for opening and closing worship and music time.
- Crafts Folder: Provides 10 craft ideas (five are identified as preschool friendly and two are identified as preteen friendly).
- Preschool Bible Study Folder: Provides five 30-minute daily Bible study sessions for ages 3 year olds–Kindergarten.
- Children’s Bible Study Folder: Provides five 30-minute daily Bible study sessions for grades 1-6.
- Recreation Card Sets: For both grade school recreation and preschool recreation.
- Snack Recipe Cards
- Music for Kids CD
- Music for Preschoolers CD
- Choreography DVD
- Full-color teaching pictures and other teaching resources
- Promotional Window Sign
- String Flags
- PLUS! Sample Activity Guides for both 3s–Kindergarten and Grades 1–6.
What else do I need to provide?
The church will provide a $50 gift card to cover most of your supplies, snacks, etc. For additional printing needs, like coloring sheets, lessons, or promotional flyers, the church is willing to print or copy on your behalf.
What is the time commitment?
- Idea #1: Two hours a day for a week, Monday – Friday
- Idea #2: Two hours a day, once a week, for several weeks
- Idea #3: Two hours a day for three days if that better fits your schedule
How many children can I invite to participate?
I want to recruit volunteers for our Backyard Bible Club! Do they need to go through Walnut Creek Church's Ministry Safe Training?
Yes! This process takes 1-2 weeks. It includes an application, reference check, background check, videos on sexual abuse awareness, and an interview.
When you fill out the Backyard Bible Club interest form, we will contact you with more information about Kid’s Safe Training.
How do I invite my neighbors to sign up?
Promotional flyers are included in the box. You can pass these out to your neighbors and encourage your kids to invite their friends.