Each year, Walnut Creek provides dozens of volunteers to the 80/35 Music Festival for their Green Team (Recycling/Garbage). This year we'll need volunteers for Friday, July 12 and Saturday, July 13. This is our 11th year helping out!
*(Please select from the 'Green Team - Churches' section)
About our role with 80/35:
The 80/35 Music Festival is an outdoor secular music festival in Western Gateway Park (near the downtown location of the Des Moines Public Library.) We see our efforts at 80/35 as an opportunity to practice the principles of Matthew 5:16 where Jesus states, "...let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven."
Pro tips for the Green Team:
- Wear good shoes. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Expect that you'll be on your feet throughout your entire shift.
- Arrive early. It probably takes longer to park and walk to the volunteer check-in area than you'd expect.
- Be proactive to talk with people and have fun! Remember that you are representing Christ to our community.
Walnut Creek Booth info:
- The Walnut Creek Church booth is a part of the 80/35 Community Village, which is located across from Ritual Cafe on the East side of 13th Street between Locust St and Grand Ave.
- The Community Village will close at 7:00pm on Saturday.